I HAD A FIRE, WHAT DO I DO?
What to do if you have a fire loss:
- Immediately phone a certified restoration company such as ServiceMaster of Victoria Disaster Restoration
- Clean Formica, chrome, porcelain and aluminum fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing or etching
- Change the air filter in your furnace or any air purification units
- Tape damp cheese cloth over returns and supply registers to trap loose soot
- If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave the doors propped open
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified cleaner
What not to do:
- Do not touch anything; oil from your hands can permeate upholstery, walls and woodwork, causing additional damage
- Do not wash walls, incorrect cleaning could compound the soot residue
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture
- Do not use electrical appliances until having them checked
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet
Contact ServiceMaster of Victoria Disaster Restoration today.